What is Adderall?
Adderall is recommended for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD. The generic name of Adderall is amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It works by changing some natural substance of the brain. It is from the class of drugs called stimulants. It enhances the ability to pay attention and focus. It also improves listening skills.
Adderall is also recommended for the treatment of sleeping disorder (narcolepsy). It is also used for other purposes which are not mentioned in the medication guide.
How to use and take Adderall?
Consider these points if you are taking Adderall.
- Do not consume this medicine if you have an MAO inhibitor in the past two weeks.
- Read the medicine guideline provided adequately by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Tell your health consultant if you have any allergy from Adderall or its components.
- Take Adderall with or without food in the morning.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Do not take Adderall late in the evening because it may cause insomnia.
- For quick recovery, take this medicine regularly and at the same time.
- Do not suddenly stop the consumption of this medicine because it may result in withdrawal symptoms like headache, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- This medicine may not work properly if used for a long period. Tell your doctor immediately if the drug is not working properly.
What are the side effects of the Adderall?
Although it is a beneficial medicine, but sometimes it causes some side effects in people. If you notice these side effects in you or in someone else who is taking this medicine, then contact your doctor for medical help. The side effects of Adderall are as follows-:
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- new behavior problems
- cold feeling
- unexplained wounds
- skin color changes
- pale, red, or blue appearance in your fingers or toes
- muscle twitches
- changes in your vision
- fast heart rate
- muscle stiffness
- loss of coordination
- stomach pain
- loss of appetite
- dry mouth
This is not the complete list of the side effects of the Adderall. Some side effects do not require medical attention because they go away with time as your body adjusts with treatment. Your doctor will tell you the ways which help in reducing the chance of side effects.
What are the precautions of Adderall?
Adderall is the habit-forming medicine. If not used properly, then it may cause addiction and abuse. Follow these points of precautions to reduce the risk.
- Always read the warning section of the medicine.
- Do not share your medicine with someone else.
- Do not recommend this medicine to pregnant lady.
- Do not take this medicine with alcohol or any other alcoholic substance.
- Do not take Adderall if you are breastfeeding, because it may cause a problem to the infant.