What is Butalbital 40mg?
Buy Butalbital 40mg online to use as a combination of three different substances: Butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine under the brand name of Fioricet 40mg. It gets used for the treatment of tension headaches. The generic name of Butalbital 40mg is Butalbital-Acetaminophen-Caffeine. It works by decreasing the pain and anxiety and helps in relaxation and sleep. It belongs to the groups of medications called barbiturates.
Butalbital is available in three forms, namely tablet, Fioricet capsule, and liquid solution.
How to use Butalbital 40mg?
Consider these points while consuming Butalbital.
- Follow the medical guideline given by your doctor.
- Take this medicine by mouth.
- Maintain the gap of 4 hours between the dosages.
- Do not consume more than six tablets within a day.
- Do not go to bed for at least 10 minutes after taking this medicine.
- Take this medicine with food or milk to avoid headaches or an upset stomach.
- The dosage of Butalbital is dependent upon your medical condition and therapy.
- This medicine works when you quickly consume medication as soon as you feel the headache.
- Do not suddenly stop this medicine’s consumption because it may cause withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, etc.
- To reduce the chance of withdrawal symptoms, your pharmacist or doctor gradually decreases the dosage of Butalbital.
- Although it is a beneficial medicine, sometimes it causes addiction if not taken correctly.
What are the side effects of Butalbital 40mg pills?
Along with its benefits, sometimes it causes some unwanted effects. Get in touch with your doctor for medical help if you observe any of the following side effects in you or someone else who is taking Butalbital.
The most frequent side effects of Butalbital 40mg are-:
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty with breathing
- Difficulty with swallowing
This is not the complete list of the side effects of Butalbital 40mg. Some side effects do not require medical attention because they go away with the treatment as the body adjusts to the medicine.
What are the symptoms of an overdose of Butalbital?
The situation of overdose occurs when a person consumes more than the prescribed dosage by the doctor. Get emergency help if you observe these symptoms of overdose.
Symptoms of overdose include dark-colored urine, faintness, fever, confusion, difficult or painful urine, lightheadedness, increased sweating, dizziness, hallucinations, irregular or fast heartbeats, yellow eyes, and vomiting of blood.
What are the precautions of using Butalbital pills?
Buy Butalbital 40mg online after knowing about the precautions that you need to follow while using the medication.
- Patients with impairment of hepatic or renal functions or those who are debilitating or elderly should use Butalbital pills with caution.
- The medication is a pregnancy category C substance, which signifies that it has the potential to harm the unborn baby when taken by the mother during pregnancy.
- Butalbital creates nonteratogenic effects. It produces withdrawal symptoms in infants feeding on mothers taking Butalbital 40mg pills.
- Pediatric patients below the age of 12 should not use Butalbital without proper consultation from a certified doctor.
What are the contraindications of Butalbital use?
Butalbital 40mg pills contraindicated inpatient with the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to Butalbital, acetaminophen, or caffeine.
- Known sensitivity to any inactive ingredient of the medication (To know about all the inactive ingredients contained in Butalbital 40mg pills, read the label)
- Intolerance to barbiturates
- Patients with porphyria
Important information for patients
Do not take Butalbital 40mg tablets if you are allergic to any of the medication’s ingredients. In case you develop any signs of allergy, including trouble breathing or rash, stop taking Butalbital pills, and immediately contact your certified doctor.
Avoid taking more than 4000mg of acetaminophen per day. If you take more than the recommended dose, contact your doctor.